Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Family Is Not Always Blood...

We cannot pick our family. We cannot make the members of our family love us, believe in us or truly care about us. But we can surround ourselves by people who do.

Matthew 12:46-50 says, 46 While Y’shua was still talking to the crowds, his mother and brothers were standing outside. They wanted to talk to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and your brothers are standing outside. They want to talk to you.” 48 He replied to the man speaking to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”49 Pointing with his hand at his disciples, he said, “Look, here are my mother and my brothers. 50 Whoever does what my Father in heaven wants is my brother and sister and mother.”

Even Y’shua knew the pain of rejection from His earthly family. That did not stop Him from doing what He was called to do. We need to follow His example. Love your family, pray for your family but do not let their opinions of you stop you from doing what you know you are supposed to do!


Have a blessed and wonderful day, my friend. May there always be Shalom in your heart and in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment