Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rock Bottom...


As I looked up at the mountain ahead, I felt a little overwhelmed. Then I heard the Holy Spirit whisper “You can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you!” I took a deep breath and started to climb.

My foot slipped a few times but I held on tight and used my upper strength to get me stable. I took another deep breath, then another step up. And so I continued…another deep breath, another step up.

The closer I got to the top, the more excited I became. It seemed like I was gaining strength and momentum that I didn’t have before. Excitement and joy overflowed in me as my hand reached the very top.

I pulled myself up and took a look around. I was feeling great, like I had accomplished the impossible. That is when I saw it...my jaw dropped and my victory dance came to a screetching halt! My heart sunk, the breath left my body and I thought I was going to collapse. I was in udder disbelief as looked at the sign that read, “ROCK BOTTOM”!

As I looked at the sign, I felt a so overwhelmed. Once again, I heard the Holy Spirit whisper “You can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you!” I had a choice. I could either stay here and wallow in self pity or I could get up and rise. I took a deep breath and started to climb…

It does not matter how far you fall or how many times you get knocked down…as long as you get up again and fight back you are a winner! When you hear that voice deep within you encouraging you to go on, believe in your heart...that God will NEVER leave or forsake you!

Have a blessed day filled with hope and determination, my friend. May there always be Shalom in your heart and in your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment